Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ghost Pops


Another big snackfood discovery for me happened last weekend when I was in the supermarket looking for Nong Shim Spicy Shrimp Sticks. There were none of those, just the regular flavour, but I spotted a packet of these salty South African snacks called Ghost Pops (Flavoured Maize Snack). With a name like that, well naturally I'm gonna buy them! The pleasant surprise was that when I sampled them later that night along with a few beers, I found them to be most excellent indeed. A very appealing smooth/crunchy texture had they (reminiscent somewhat of Twisties Wicked Cheddar Zig-Zags) and a real nice saucy flavour. The shape of them is interesting too, can't figure out if they are supposed to be ghosts or what. They look more like the shape of Mickey Mouse's head. Well, sir. They're very good, the only downside being that they're $4.00 a pack, no doubt because they are imported from *District 9*.
Overall, a real treat for us salty snack aficionados!

No comments: