Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Brigitte Gabriel

"I broke out crying again, but this time not from fear and uncertainty, but because of the compassion and love being bestowed upon me. For the first time in my life, I experienced a human quality that I knew my culture would not have shown to its enemy. I experienced the values of the Israelis, who were able to love their enemy in their most trying moments. Lea didn't even know whether I was a Lebanese Christian or a Muslim, or a Palestinian. I realized at that moment that I had been sold a fabricated lie by my government and culture about the Jews and Israel that was far from reality. I knew for a fact, as someone raised in the Arab world, that if I had been a Jew in an Arab hospital, I would have been lynched and then thrown to the ground, and joyous shouts of "Allahu Akbar" would have echoed through the hospital and the surrounding streets."

- Brigitte Gabriel [learning what Ayaan Hirsi Ali also learned about Israel] from 'Because They Hate : A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America' [2006; St Martin's Press] 



No comments: