Sunday, January 30, 2005

Frozen

I've been having problems with writer's block. I used to be able to write, and sometimes I can even do it now, but accidentally. I wrote something a couple weeks ago that I thought was pretty good, but it was a paragraph. It poured out, it was easy. I was drunk and wrote it down, and it was pretty good. But a paragraph every few months? That's no good. Being frozen is no fun. I want to write stuff. I want to write stuff that makes an impression on people, and they say, "Damn, that was some good writing, right there." But really, I want to write stuff that I like. Even a paragraph! You have to start somewhere. If I can go from a good paragraph every three months, to a good paragraph every month, then write one every week, then one every night. Well, even if I miss a night, now and then. After a year of that, putting it all together, I could have something.

What I need is some strategies on how to get myself writing regularly. Some ideas of how to unfreeze this block I have. I'll try anything. Maybe I can try writing something here every night, even some small, dumb thing. Anything. It doesn't matter if people read it. Just gotta get into the habit of writing every day.

So, I'll have to be back here tomorrow night, right? See you then.

No comments: