Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cockroach Terror

Because it's summer here, naturally I sit here in bare feet. Bare feet on the floor. No problem. But the other night when I was sitting here with my bare feet on the floor, I felt a tickling sensation, down there, on the feet, which quickly moved up to the ankle zone, and around a bit, then up a bit. When I pushed back in the chair, gave my leg a shake and looked down I saw an enormous cockroach. I damn near threw a fit, in fact it was a very good approximation of one; a full body jerk that must have come close to snapping my neck, but at least it got that cockroach off. That big bastard was probably as horrified as I was, to find himself climbing around on a living creature, many dozens of times larger than he. But it shook the hell out of me, and now I can't put my damn feet on the floor for this new phobia. Luckily my chair has those metal arms (that the four wheels branch off) and I can put them there, at least until I get over it. (Which probably won't be until next summer.)

2 comments:

BixBloc said...

...I've heard cockroaches like the dark, So...OPEN YOUR CURTAINS !!!

Anonymous said...

eep scary and yes light will scare them off as well.