Friday, September 02, 2005

Hell on Earth

Like millions of others, I've been following the Hurricane Katrina reports since when it was way off the coast. It was really shaping up to be quite spectacular. Everybody loves EXTREME WEATHER. I bet you've seen the movie Twister at least once. And how many EXTREME WEATHER documentaries have you watched? Thousands I'll bet. Extreme weather rocks. Sure it sucks for the people who get hit by it, and especially maimed or killed by it, or who have loved ones who have been maimed or killed by it, but try to deny that you get some serious kicks watching it on TV and I'll call you a damn liar.
Anyway, Katrina was shaping up to be a real monster. A real killer. A real savage brutal bitch. And what a pussy name for such a killer hurricane. Katrina? Maybe they should have called it Adolf or Arnie or something like that. But Katrina? Please.
So now Katrina, the hurricane with the lame girly name, has hit the Gulf Coast and turned out to be the biggest motherfucking destructo hurricane in the history of the world just about, and dead bodies are floating past live bodies. Thousands of people are stuck in sports stadiums pissing and shitting right where they are miserably existing in some kind of foul Hell on Earth. The whole city looks like a damn filthy swimming pool with roofs and telegraph poles sticking out like a demented kid went and poured a big bucket of water on his Lego village. What a mess. What a nightmare.
Now to make things even more interesting, I hear there are armed gangs roaming around raping young girls and women, hunting tourists for some sick sport, AND shooting their damn guns at helicopters that are only there to try and help the bastards. It's insane, man. I've seen the footage and it looks like a George Romero movie. You know, you only see that kind of utter despair and horror overtaken an entire city in a zombie movie. But it's not a zombie movie. It's New Orleans!
It's awesome TV too. I'm glued to the set.

7 comments:

echotig said...

Well I am not glued to the set. I get no kick whatsoever out of watching this crap on TV. I have better things to do.Like go shopping for baby formula and diapers and stuff to send to the survivors.
But I sure am glad you are entertained.
They name the hurricanes alphabetically every year. They don't choose a name based on the severity of the hurricane. Or they'd all have serious names. And also, how would they know for sure how bad ass of a name to give it until it hits and shows its destruction? Also I don't think they use the same name twice. So there is probably a limited supply of K names to choose from. Anyway, how many mean sounding K names can there be?

Ca... said...

Looks like you hit a nerve.
I watch it for a while then realize there is no way I can change it so I turn it off. A movie like this would be all right I guess but the real thing leaves me feeling helpless.

Stratu said...

I'm not really a monster who sits around glued to a TV set laughing and enjoying scenes of miserable horror and tragedy, so why did I write it like that? I tried to write a nice humanitarian version but the constant scenes of horror on the news reports got to me somehow, and that's just how it came out.
Like most people, I hope there will be relief for the survivors soon, and that the authorities will regain control and stop those armed gangs from committing their atrocities (that part is what got to me the most, it was and remains utterly incomprehensible to me.)
And I'll send money for the relief effort too, but when I watched that footage, I felt the same thing CA felt. Helpless.

Ca... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ca... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey ya i know what your sayiong, theshit thats happeneing there does remind me of a bad zombie movie... friend and i were just talking about that actually.. why are humansd so fucken stupid when it comes to disaster..why leave a body in water that you may have to drink..hello contamination..hello disease... bah.. anyways. what can i doabout it really nothing but hope bush or someone gets there ass on it and does something.

Anonymous said...

hey alex,

what did i miss? damn it... when things get censored i just wanna know what it was... i'm sure it's dull as all hell but my curiosity is on fire!!!

-a