Friday, May 27, 2005

A Survey of Some Recent Blogs VI

Experiment time. In past *surveys* I would often skip a dozen random blogs to get to one that I felt I could write something amusing about. But when I did that first survey back on the black night of 18 February, my intention was to write about the FIRST ten random blogs I came to. Tonight I will do exactly that, without skipping ONE. And no doubt this will be the most depressing survey yet, for our realm is increasingly under siege by the evil adblog robots.
So I must remain strong and determined!
Armour! Burning sword! Stomach of iron!
Thus girded, into the bloggy hellswamp I wade...

1. Kim's online journal. Well this was a surprise! I expected the first one to be an adblog. Did I ever tell you how much I mislike adblogs? The bane of our blogsphere! (There is one coming up any minute, wait and see...)
Anyway, the good lady Kim from West Virginia is fond of knitting, as you will see if you care to click on the link I have thoughtfully provided. There is nothing wrong with knitting, you know. The womenfolk of my family are proud needleworkers. My mother makes colourful padded coathangers for the Sydney Opera House and to give away to complete strangers she meets everywhere, and my grandmother makes crocheted rugs for church fetes, and used to make handbags crocheted from ladies panty hose. So Kim and her knitting blog is OK with me. This is what blogs are made for! I feel more optimistic already. Let's continue, shall we?
2. Transfermoney. Hello. Here we go. I told you didn't I? Number two, in both senses. A goddam piece of stinking adblog cyberpoo. Can you imagine how painful it is to link to this thing? But I vowed to link every one of these ten. Yet how it saddens and disgusts me! Please tell me you too get the same sick, queasy feeling in your stomach. Those responsible for such examples of internet pollution are surely inhuman, or subhuman, anyway somehow much less than human. Reptilian. Although to put it that way is far too cruel to our innocent reptilian friends. My so recent and unexpected optimism suffers a savage blow.
3. Yahoo Music Unlimited Infoblog. Ah! Another one. Another stinking adblog. Big surprise! Please notice that there are NO COMMENTS anywhere on this putrescent *blog*. (Of course, adblogs are not blogs at all.) People only comment on something that touches or moves them somehow. An adblog never can. Death to adblogs! Kill! Be merciless! Revel in the slaughter and destruction of these foul productions!
4. Trask Vale. Here some anonymous somebody has created a blog with nothing but sayings, quotes, axioms, and stuff like that. It's like my desk calender. Every day has one of these. The last one I liked was by Edgar Allan Poe and went thus: "Never to suffer would never to have been blessed." These can be wonderful, no doubt about it. Things we have long felt or known but never put into words so concisely and accurately. But don't we want our blog writers to give something of themselves? Which begs the question, is this Trask Vale putting other people's quotes in his blog or are they his, or her, own words?
5. Online Savings. Adblog alert! How quickly can you spot the fact that this is yet another stinking, soulless adblog? In a nanosecond, I'll wager. Financial adblog creator, we will string you up with fishing wire by your detestable money-grabbing ankles and dangle you over a starving rat nest until your visage becomes as ugly and rotten as your vile finance-obsessed adblog. A curse upon you, internet parasite! HA!
6. Aapils. First post in a new blog by an Indian engineering student bemoaning the fact that there are too many engineering students. If you are an engineering student you may find this interesting, but even then, probably not. (At least it is not an adblog.) Next!
7. ChibiMelody's Crossroad Creaks. 18-year-old Malaysian student, and if the personal *photo* is any indication, a goth elf. Fantasy reader? Surely. After all the adblogs this personal blog is a blessed haven in the midst of a roiling sea of steaming turds. I only want to know what is "the new tank"? Forget the NEW tank, what is a TANK? ChibiMelody, will you join our brave army to help kill adbloggers? You can even bring your tank.
8. Pe ao Quadrado. No comprende. Hable Engles? Actually, in this sea of Spanish(?) swim some English words: "Hello... Good bone day... the day of broken dreams... Bone day... the day of eternal dreams..." Bone day? Day of the dead? Wish I could understand the rest. Would love to learn Spanish but as I say, I've yet to master the English language.
9. One Inch Ahead. Love the title. Why? Ah! Comes from Zen saying: "One inch ahead, all is darkness." Yes, I do like that. No surprise. I'm a sucker for this Zen stuff, I'll have you know. A Zen runner blog? And it seems a fellow after my own heart with the lemon-lime Gatorade, my personal choice when working for Brother selling glo-stix at his rave parties. I've only read bits and pieces, but there's something here that warrants further investigation.
Wait! Number Ten coming up? My money is on it being another goddam stinking turd of an adblog...
10. Links We Like. Home based business opportunity? I think rather it is links we DO NOT like. In fact I think these are links we would not choose to click to save our very lives. Death would surely be preferable. Where are you, the one that created this objectionable adblog? Show yourself, coward! Bring yourself into the harsh and unforgiving light of judgment! Just as we thought. You are craven. Worthless. Less than! You pollute this pure and worthy blogsphere with your worthless stinking adblog productions! We will find you and hang you in the raven's cage, naked. Pale bloated belly pressing through cold bars ready to meet our lances. Your guts will spill on the hard ground like purple snakes. Remove your foul creation or know your fate!
......................................................
Ten random blogs, not one skipped. I'm done. *falls to floor sickened and exhausted, visualising necks of adbloggers to wrap iron hands around*

5 comments:

J C said...

Very interesting and informative! I thought number 7 a bit sketchy...

J C said...

'oops'...maybe it was 9...

Anonymous said...

grr i hate adblogs and teenbopper annoying bloggs so much i refuse to look for new ones to read other then through blogs of people i like reading or others linked to them, saves me from annoyance most of the time:P

Anonymous said...

trask vale is the blog of one Karl Trask, who lives in Adelaide, and apparently they are his own words. Or so google tells me.

Kim said...

Well, very surprising. I found a web site where I could enter my address to see who might have linked to me (expecting to find no one, but thinking that it would be fun) and found your survey. My blog, formerly Kim's Online Journal, now Sandpiper Knits, was the first on your list. How amazing is the internet? Anyway, enjoyed your survey, and may have to try something similar myself. Thanks. Kim