Thursday, June 09, 2005

Battle System Breakthrough

A major breakthrough tonight. I was having some trouble with the battle system of Star Ocean 3 (second last post), the trouble being that for the most part I didn't know what the goddam hell I was doing. I was blundering through that dungeon like a baby with a blindfold.
Well, tonight I figured out what the problem was. I wasn't paying attention to the Fury gauge is all it was, and when I figured that out, that dungeon was MINE. Ripping and tearing through enemies with a fully charged Blazing Sword, I wish you could have seen it. The glory. Triple experience points. All of a sudden I found myself levelling up like mad. Those poor bastards didn't stand a chance. Yes that's right I am a total HERO. You want some too?
Right before I had figured it out I had managed to bumble my way through the dungeon and onto the roof for the boss battle with Shelby (the badass bully boy of the dungeon who I later sent to Hell) and his pals and they quickly and efficiently handed me and my colleagues' asses on a plate. It was humiliating, yes it was.
But after the Fury guage revelation, followed by some SERIOUS power levelling (*thrusts hips and grunts insanely rolling eyeballs in power ecstasy*), I went back to the roof, took on that bastard Shelby and his gang, and DEMOLISHED them in thirty seconds flat.
That's right. You don't wanna mess with ME.
*slams fist through wall inadvertently killing entire family next door*

No comments: