Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lunchtime Incident

I went out for lunch today. It had been raining so I had my umbrella.
At the lights the red man turned green and I started walking across the road. Halfway across, a big white car was turning and coming at me. It didn't stop but kept coming. What the fuck? What was this idiot's problem? Trying to run me down goddam it. I jumped out of the way, then I saw the people inside. Two people in the front. A guy driving and a girl in the passenger seat. They were laughing. Really laughing it up. They found it pretty amusing by the looks of it. A great wave of rage swept over me. The sky seemed to flash red. Through a shimmering red fog I watched the car move off down the street but soon it had to stop again at another set of lights.
The rage suddenly vanished along with the red fog. In an instant I felt calm and in control, and started walking towards the car. I saw the heads still laughing. They really had played an amusing joke. I started smiling too.
Cars honked at me as I walked in the middle of the street. I didn't care, kept walking. Got up to the white car and the driver's window was open. He turned around to see who was at his window, still laughing. I'll show him something funny. I swung the umbrella up and rammed it through the window point first into his happy laughing mouth. The metal point came out the other side of his head with a splash of blood that hit the windshield and sprayed over his girlfriend, or wife, or whatever the fuck she was. She started screaming. I pulled my umbrella out and the guy's body fell sideways against the girl. Blood was jetting out all over the place. What a mess. And what a noise. Well, at least they weren't laughing any more. But now I was.
I laughed and laughed as I walked across the street into Market City to get my lunch.

4 comments:

Kapreles said...

Hello Stratu. I want to interview you on my blog if you like. I didn't check your blog for a long time so I didn't know what's up. "Luchtime Incident" made me laugh out loud. Did the first part really happen? I know that kind of people. I know that feeling. I *reviewed* your blog on my blog. http://www.kapreles.tk
Greetings,
Kapreles

Anonymous said...

blah some poeples children:P

Ca... said...

For lunch it was a steak sandwich, rare, and tomato juice with a dash of tabasco and salt and pepper! Sounds good!

Stratu said...

hey Kapreles: yes that first part really happened. The driver tried to scare me and make me jump, and it worked. Lucky for them I was only carrying my umbrella and not my rocket launcher.
me: some people's children deserve an umbrella through the head.
ca: how did you guess? your psychic powers are impressive!