Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday Night

It's Friday night. I've worked all week and now I can do whatever the hell I please. Don't even have to go to bed at all if I don't want to. Can stay up all night and doesn't matter how I feel tomorrow because I don't have to go to work. I can drink as much as I please without looking at the clock to see what time it is because it might be time to stop drinking and go to bed ready for work the next day. Tomorrow is Saturday. My time is entirely my own. Don't have to report to the office and boss. Memory of work fades fast. Feel tension leaving body in glorious waves of release. Drink another beer. Bought 30-pack carton tonight and loaded fridge with military precision. It's locked and loaded, soldier. No, it's not locked, but it is loaded. I leave fridge door open marvelling at the sight laughing out loud then go back to videogame. Still playing Final Fantasy X but right near the end. About to beat it for the second time. Friday night I can play games all night. Or read my book all night. I can do anything I please. I am flying, free. I feel pretty damn good, I'll admit it. Enormous smile on face. Anything is possible. The world has opened up its loving arms for me and my joy is so great and surging it bursts up and through the stratosphere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'stratosphere'

Make for a good biography title!

-a