Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Dumb Word

Today at work one of the IT robots came into our office to find out if one of the other IT robots had gotten around to connecting some wires to one of our new machines. He was talking to the Boss about it and I heard what he was saying. At one point I clearly heard him come out with the following statement about another team of robots:
"Yes those people were good they were really proactive."
Proactive they were. Proactive. I have heard this stupid dumb idiotic word before and it is always used by robots. It is a dumb stupid meaningless robot word. Does it mean anything? No, it does not. In fact it seems to mean nothing more than the robot was being a robot and not asking questions, like why are we using this stupid made-up word as though it has some great and profound meaning?
If you hear one of these robots use this word, jam its stupid head into the nearest toaster and tell it to stop being a dumb idiot robot and start using proper words.

1 comment:

J C said...

I'm going through Super Mario World for the 16,000th time. It's still fun even though I know each move by heart. I think growing older and losing some reaction time almost makes up for my familiarity of the game. It's kind of like doing it for only the tenth time!
'Chuckle"