Monday, June 20, 2005

Fogbringer

OK, so that CA fellow who made a comment on my *Crazy* post of June 17 was actually Jim from Jim's Joint. Jim, let me get this straight: you have completely dumped your old blog and there is a reason for this (it must be a pretty good one) but you don't want me or anybody else to ask what it is. How's that for comprehension? Yes I am pretty quick when I am not being slow, you better believe it.
OK, I will not ask the reason. Patience has come down on me like a fog. The fog will eventually lift and I will fully comprehend the meaning of all this.
Meanwhile, how about some book news?
Yesterday I finished reading The Once and Future King by TH White. This book is excellent. I can highly recommend it for all ages. Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, Merlyn, Mordred, et al. The stuff of legend! Although, after the wonderful R-rated atrocities of George RR Martin and his first three A Song of Fire and Ice books, the first book (The Sword in the Stone) of TOaFK did seem a little junior burger-ish with Merlyn's dancing teacups and whatnot, but then some nice grim and depressing elements came along which were an enormous relief. What good is the light without the dark, I ask you?
Today I started reading The Lord of the Rings. Well, it only took me 37 years to get to it.
In other news, I seem to have misplaced my obsession for women reading on the bus. Sad for me. Sad for you? No, I guess not. No, don't try to tell me you did not get a little bored with it. No. Please don't lie to me. Our relationship could not possibly stand it.
*falls off chair in dramatic insane fashion*
Anyway. Now I am waiting, waiting as a man waits for a bus, for my next obsession to come along and seize me.
Again with the patience!

2 comments:

BixBloc said...

...I know the temptation to read the "Lord of the Rings" might be high, with the recent releases of the 3 "GREAT" movies...but...if you want the "Whole" experience read "The Hobbit" first...it was the prequel so to speak...and there is alot of info from the "Hobbit" in the "LOTR" that you might not enjoy fully if you skip it...and it's only 1 book...so, if you don't care for it, you won't feel obligated to read the "LOTR" 3 book Trilogy....Even though I highly recommend all 4 books.

Stratu said...

thanks for the suggestion, BixBloc. i didn't mention it but i did indeed read The Hobbit late last year. small book. LoTR big book. this one is HUGE. (i thought the George RR Martin hardbacks were heavy.) impossible to lie on back and hold it up to read. might accidentally drop it and break nose.