Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nothing

I am sitting here doing my best to come up with something. Trying but losing. Not winning. Trying hard but failing. Failing to come up with anything. How frustrating. Other people can do it. They come up with something. I have nothing. You could take my brain out of my head right now and write on it, because it is like a blank page. Nothing there. Should be something, but nothing. I see a wall, a bench, an ashtray, my legs, my fingers. Parts of my body are moving, I can see them, doing their thing, yet my brain refuses to cooperate. Brain not moving, only controlling eyeballs to watch other parts of body that cannot possibly come up with something entertaining to write. Brain on strike.

4 comments:

Ca... said...

i have read a lot of 'non-blogs' in my time but i must say, this is one of the more interesting ones i have recently had the honor to peruse. not saying anything, it appears, is one of the things at which you obviously are most adept and i highly congratulate you for that adeptness! "kudos"

Ca... said...

Formerly Jim's Joint...

Anonymous said...

hey there i know what you should do, get really drunk then try to let it out, whatever is on your mind or not on your mind. that has always helped me in the past.:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jim. It's not an easy thing to do turning "I can't think of anything to write" into 127 words. Although I think I could beat that score next time.
Thanks *me* for the suggestion. I did spend the weekend getting drunk and doing other things, so I have some material for tonight. Hurrah!