Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Workman: Morning Routine

I get up. Always hard to wake up and get up, but somehow I do. Stumble into bathroom and squint at hair on face. Used to have goatee but these days growing beard and only shave neck part but don't need to today. Turn shower water on, only hot tap, have gas heating, only have to use cold tap in warmer seasons. Hot water runs over head and I feel like I am waking a litle bit faster. Hard to leave shower but eventually with enormous reluctance turn hot tap off and get out. Dry self off. Make effort to maintain balance. Put jazz in hair. Look like forgotten movie star. Move three feet around corner into kitchen and take multivitamin with pineapple juice then have bowl of Nutri Grain. Put on uniform: olive pants, black t-shirt, black shoes, black *hoodie*. Look around apartment one last time. Two last times. Wishing I could stay. Always hard to leave and go out into the world.
An eternity later I get outside the door and walk to work.

No comments: