Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bus Trip with Giant Woman

Left work today and walked to the bus stop. The bus arrived. I got on sat down and started reading my book. A few stops later more people got on the bus, one of them was a woman who sat down next to me. I noticed she pulled out a book to read and to my amazement and great joy she held the cover so that I could almost read all of it. It was by somebody called Tad Williams. The title was obscured by her fingers, all I could read was 'The [something] Chair.' Tad Williams? Never heard of him. Must find out about him and his books. On the spine it said book one of the something or other, and judging by the illustration on the cover it appeared to be a fantasy novel. I must investigate this Tad Williams. What does she like about his book?
The woman was remarkable. She was a giant, well over six feet, dressed all in black with long perfectly straight jet black hair. God, she was magnificent. I found it impossible to concentrate on my own book, kept looking sideways at her, wondering about her. God Almighty, there was so much of her, I sat beside her in awe. Next to her, I seemed very small. An acolyte at the temple.

No comments: