Monday, April 25, 2005

This Fantasy Business

I did not see any women reading books today. Yes, it is depressing. But tomorrow is another day, and I remain optimistic.
I have not seen a movie since last Tuesday. All I do now is read books and keep watch for women reading books.
Yesterday I finished Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham (excellent) and today started A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin (hooked by the end of chapter two.)
Must find out what this fantasy business is all about!

2 comments:

BixBloc said...

I like some "Fantasy" authors, and I highly recommend Stephen R Donaldson and his "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever"...it's about a guy in our time who is shunned because he has leprosy, who gets transported into another world where the people there think he is the reincarnation of one of their greatest hero's, and his health returns to normal...so he doesn't know how to handle all of these new feelings he has lost so long ago...and there's giants and eleves
and trolls and a war here and there to make it exciting...Check it out!!!!!!

Stratu said...

thanks for the tip Bixbloc! i like the sound of this one! in fact it sounds like my own fantasy!