Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Readers on the Bus

After work I caught a bus to my brother's place. There were two women reading books but they were far away. A man in the seat in front of me was reading a technical/computer book. Another man was reading a Time magazine. A woman across the aisle and behind me one seat was reading a fashion magazine. It was hard to read my book wondering what books the two women were reading. One day in the future I will go up and ask them.
I got off the bus one stop early because I felt like walking. I'd never walked along that part of the street before. A building coming up on my left caught my attention. On the side of the building were four tall windows with pointed arches at the top. Was it a church? It looked like a church building with those windows. When I got in front of it, there was a big white wall with vines hanging down, but I could see a sign at the top of the building, under the roof. It said: HOUSE OF SUFISM.
Sufism?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, isn't sufism a religion?

BixBloc said...

...excuse me...yoo hoo!!!...over here...do I have your attention now
...good...I'm only trying to help.
"YOU ARE OBSESSED"
You are addicted to women reading books with unknown titles.

I think "Freud" would look at it
like this...you haven't had sex with a woman in so long that your substituting the foreplay with...
"the books"...you "see" an interesting woman, with a book, and you have to see the title,and you want to pry her hand away from the front of the book...
(in other words you are peeling her clothes off)...so, don't you see, go out and rent a "Hooker" and
"relieve yourself" of this OBSESSION...then you can relax and pour down a couple of brews and get back to "Normal" (like talking to marsupials in trees)...that's my professional opinion, anyway,
I'm not a psychiatrist...but I act
like one in real life.

Stratu said...

Ah! A diagnosis! So is that what Fraud would make of my *obsession*, do you think? A sexual solution! Yet I am unconvinced. I very much doubt that grinding away on top of some bony and bleary-eyed junkie rent-a-hole will *cure* me of my perfectly healthy interest in these reading women.