Thursday, July 07, 2005

God of War


Anders came over and we spent all night playing God of War.
Well-designed games like this one are addictive, very addictive. Gamers call games like this *gaming crack* for good reason. When somebody else walks into the room and sees that person playing, they see glazed eyes, some kind of zombie. You can say something to that person but they will not hear you. The game is ALL.
Even though I have enjoyed playing this game, tonight I got angry. Got up to one part where you had to jump from moving platform to moving platform but between those platforms were circular saws zipping back and forth. AND there was a time limit where you jumped on a switch to open a gate then had to quickly make your way across these platforms and sawblades to the other side and through the gate before it closed. I kept dying over and over again. And I would jump and swear I had made a good jump, but would die. I was sure the game was cheating and got so angry I yelled and raged and swore and threw the goddam controller with great force onto the floor. Did this over and over again. At one point I even got up and punched the door. Anders was laughing. I said here ya fuckin smartass you have a go. He had a go and died instantly. Once twice three times. Then I started laughing. It was ridiculous. Is this training to keep cool under great pressure?
We must continue our training.

1 comment:

Stratu said...

I did make it through in the end, but thanks for the tip anyway, which I'll try if I play through the game again.
And yeah that room with the moving floors. Fun stuff!