Monday, July 25, 2005

Tooth Problem

If it wasn't enough that I had yet another bad headcold last week, just as I was at last getting over it, one of my teeth started giving me a hard time. It really started revving up on Friday and by Friday night it was roaring. Pain was howling through my lower jaw, throbbing in breathtaking pounding waves. It really hurt! Yes indeed, and it hurt so much I barely slept that night. The strongest painkiller I had was Nurofen Plus - which is usually pretty good (Codeine rules!) - but that night all each two-pill dose got me was another half hour of half-sleep, which, EXACTLY thirty minutes later, was brought to a brutal end by the return of THE PAIN. (Terry Goodkind has THE MAGIC, Stratu has THE PAIN.) It was almost funny, how much it hurt. That pain, so close to the brain! I found myself fantasising that the pain would move to my big toe, the furthest point, but sadly that wish did not come true.
Anyway, after a million years spent in HELL, 9:00am Saturday morning rolled around and I phoned the dentist and told the receptionist that if the dentist would not help me IMMEDIATELY I would start bawling like a baby right down the phone into her ear and she would be sorry. She said come as soon as you can. I broke the speed of sound then the speed of light getting over there and sat in the dentist chair. He looked at it and said, You have an abscess! You poor bugger, it must have been quite painful! I said, Ha ha! Yes! You got that right, all right!
He told me he wouldn't have to give me the needle because the nerves were all dead. He got the drill and drilled down to that nasty old abscess. When he got down to it, he shouted triumphantly that there was an enormous surge of pus pouring out of it and that I should be feeling a diminishing of THE PAIN. I slammed the tooth with my tongue to test his theory but THE PAIN slammed back in answer. Cruel! OK, then he kept going away and coming back and asking me if it was improved, but each time it was not so he decided to leave the hole there and plug it up with a little piece of cotton wool and I would come back first thing on Monday.
Well, does this saga ever end? You wish!
THE PAIN did eventually diminish, but not completely, so this morning before work I went back and he put some high-powered anti-bacterial nukejuice down into the tooth before filling it. I left and THE PAIN had grown again. How did it do that? That was not very fair was it? So at work I popped two Nurofens and they worked a little but only after 90 minutes. Then at lunch while I was trying to chew on the right side, I kept accidentally hitting the rotten tooth and THE PAIN came back amplified and bellowing. Plus the lady put way too much chilli sauce on my kebab! What a day! When I got back to the office at 12:45 I dropped two more Nurofens and this time they did not even do anything.
I had to leave work early (3:00) to return to the dentist, and would you believe it! by the time I got to the dentist THE PAIN had disappeared! Dentist told me that THE PAIN was a result of the battle raging between the nuke liquid he put under the filling and the abscess pus minions. He also showed me the bottle of the stuff he used and told me it was the same stuff used to treat gangrene. But even that stuff is the second most powerful weapon in his arsenal - next Monday I have to go back and get THE most powerful abscess napalm put in there. UGH!
No that is NOT the end!
But all I will write for now on this compelling subject.
Make sure you keep coming back for any future update of my tooth saga!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww poor stratu. tooth pain sucks.. you have THE PAIN the other guy has THE MAGIC and i have THE SLEEP :) well i need to sleep more. so i wish.