Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Mosquito Bites

It's summer here, which means mosquito season. Those bastards are out in force. Usually I don't light a mosquito coil until ten o'clock, so that it will burn through the whole night. Well, I learned my lesson on this score about two weeks ago, when one or more of the little fuckers staged a successful early evening attack around my ankles. All the flesh between my ankles and knees was covered in bites, and mosquito bites itch the fuck out of me, and I don't leave them alone, I scratch the hell out of them. So a few days after that, my legs are a mess. It looked real bad, real ugly. I had to go somewhere with people, an Australia Day BBQ, and it was hot, so I wanted to wear my long shorts and thongs, but those ugly bites were still visible, even though the shorts cover half of them. But there are so many. So I put band-aids over the worst ones, I had to use quite a few band-aids, and it looked pretty strange - what the hell has he got all those band-aids there for? - but I figured it was better than the BBQ people seeing those ugly red bites, and it was hot. I'll be damned if they was gonna stop me from wearing my long shorts.

No comments: