Saturday, February 26, 2005

Stabbing Hatred

Mikel and I killed somebody but it was justifiable. It wasn't murder, but something that had to be done, sooner or later. If we didn't do it, somebody else would have. The whole town hated us though and would not talk to us. When we passed, every pair of eyes followed us, black with stabbing hatred. I went to a supermarket to buy some things. We needed some things. The checkout guy pointed out I had some things I had picked up at another place. He didn't like it that I had things from another place mixing in the same air of his place of things. I saw condolence cards on a high counter, something to do with the murder. Did those people know that if we hadn't done it, somebody else would have? I guessed not. Later, Mikel showed me how he had made some special engraving on a large glass. The engraving had some significance but I couldn't figure out what it was, but I made my face express awe and gratitude and that was enough. We stuck together and made the other laugh. We had to, everybody else hated us.

No comments: