Friday, February 18, 2005

A Survey of Some Recent Blogs

For this experiment, I am going randomly from blog to blog and reporting briefly on the contents:

1. A girl just got back her exam results and she passed. *zzz*
2. A guy from Singapore and his blog looks spectacular but contains no writing. No writing whatsoever. Thank you, come back when you think of something...
3. A girl writes about travelling around Europe. But wait, isn't travelling interesting? Sure, it can be, but this blog is not.
4. God Almighty, here is one of those *ad blogs* I've recently noticed. At first, these things look like a regular blog, but you quickly realise it is only stupid, insidious advertising, with paragraphs like this one: "onitsuka tiger shoes; Read onitsuka tiger shoes product reviews, or select the onitsuka tiger shoes size, width, and color of the onitsuka tiger shoes of your choice." Perpetrators of these ad blogs must be siezed and thrown into the lion pit at your nearest zoo.
5. A guy who keeps saying how much he likes coffee. Thank you, now get back to managing your goddam Starbucks store, your behaviour is unprofessional and your customers are waiting.
6. ... There is almost nothing on this one, just some words that appear to be Danish, scattered across the top of an appalling pastel colour scheme.
7. ... How about I simply quote a line from his blog description: "This blog is also being selectively posted to my portfolio group on Yahoo, where my work in fiction, poetry/lyrics, art and other media is also showcased for member feedback and private/professional networking" PLEASE TAKE YOUR HAND OFF IT, SIR, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.
8. A blog with Arabic writing and pictures of young middle-eastern men drinking alcohol together. Listen, we don't want pictures of you, we want pictures of your girlfriends, and sisters, naked.
9. Some young dude whining about how he sprained his ankle in a cross country race. Aw. Want a tissue? Mummy be here soon and kiss the boo-boo.
10. God Almighty, a YOUNG CHRISTIAN's blog, writes like his spine has been removed and has the nerve to ask people to click on his ads. I feel sick. NEXT!
11. I don't believe it. A quality blog. There is yet hope for this blog world: If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats

3 comments:

TAS said...

Mucho thanks for your words about my blog (#11). Though I'll admit, I'm just perverse enough to want to see some of those other trainwrecks you visited.

Thanks again!

TAS said...

p.s. You're blog is nothing to sneeze at by any measure. Could I have your permission to add a link to it on my blogroll?

Stratu said...

Thanks for writing, Tom. Your blog sure was an oasis in a desert of crapola, that's for sure.
I would consider it an honour if you wanted to link to my blog. I will gladly do likewise!