Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A Writer!

Last night went to bed having written in here. I really felt like I was on a roll. Lights off, thinking, I have missed this, this electric restlessness before sleep comes. Lying awake twitching with big plans, feeling strong, vibrating with enormous potential. A writer! Yes, sir, no doubt about it, I can write all right! I assemble my words with supreme care and deliberation, and they have power to devastate, and move, and break hearts. There seems to be no doubt that those words will outlive me, and continue to be read hundreds, even thousands of years into the future. Not by multitudes, no, maybe not. By a small, discerning few. Yes, I can hope for that! Why not? Naturally, it's not purely out of love for the other humans, those present and future men and women who will gain immeasurably from those words. There is some consideration of self there, yes, I'll admit it. A man needs some validation for his life, to know he is giving, and not simply taking. And maybe he can't get it solely from working in a mailroom.

1 comment:

Mr. Personality said...
This comment has been removed by the author.