Monday, August 01, 2005

Made Them Laugh

I got two big laughs today. Do you want to hear about them? OK.
The first one was at work while I was doing the mail run. Parked the trolley outside the Members office and walked in, looked at the great pile of envelopes and must have got a horrified expression. There were two girls there and one of them said, 'Do you need a hand?' I said, 'No, that's OK. My balancing skills are at a high level.' That really cracked them both up. Big laughs.
The second one was after work at the mini market. I got my stuff and walked up to the checkout, the girl zapped it all through and bagged it. The woman waiting in line behind me was talking on her phone and I heard her briefly stutter, 'I..I..I..I..' and then regain control and continue her conversation. Automatically I repeated that out loud, 'I..I..I..I..' but not to be mean, only did it because it struck me (and I used to stutter a bit myself, you know.) Anyway, the girl behind the checkout bust out laughing, but trying to keep it low volume and discreet so the phone lady wouldn't hear. Got the second big laugh of the day, but without being mean, and the stuttering phone lady didn't hear anyway, she was busy talking to somebody.

No comments: